Hi, my name is Rumen Filkov, or just Rumen. I’m an engineer, MSc in computer science, stubborn entrepreneur and life-long learner. Currently I work as research assistant at the User Centered Technologies (UCT) research institute, part of Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences (FH Vorarlberg) in Austria, as well as on my own entrepreneurial R&D projects.
A major part of my research at the university, as well as of my own pet projects, is in the following fields:
- Natural user interfaces (NUI) and Augmented reality (AR) devices, like Kinect, LeapMotion, HoloLens, Meta, AR-capable mobile devices. MagicLeap is a bit aside of my interests at the moment.
- Virtual reality (VR) technologies, mainly powered by the Unity-3D game engine, NUI devices, as well as GearVR, Win-MR, Oculus or Vive headsets;
- Analysis and classification algorithms for smart home and patient experiences, in means of machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms and tools, for analyzing health status of elderly people, analyzing results of medical treatments of cancer and other patients, and the likes.
I know, I know… My areas of interest are quite many for one human life, but I’m stubborn Capricorn and never give up.
- E-mail: rumen.filkov(at)gmail.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/roumenf
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rfilkov/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rfilkov/
- Please mind, I may ignore your e-mail, if it is sent during the weekends (Friday to Sunday) or holidays. This is the only time I can have some rest. In this case, please contact me again at the beginning of next week, if still needed.
- Contacting by e-mail is mainly reserved for customers, who are eligible for free or premium support, as well as those, who request free academic copies of my Unity assets.
- In your support request, please mention the invoice number you got from Unity asset store. This way I can check, if you are eligible for support or not.
- The free e-mail support is limited to answering of no more than FIVE of your e-mails.