Hi, my name is Rumen Filkov, or just Rumen. I’m an electrical engineer, MSc in computer science, stubborn entrepreneur and life-long learner. Currently I work as research assistant at the User Centered Technologies (UCT) research institute, part of Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences (FHV) in Austria, as well as on my own entrepreneurial R&D projects.
A big part of my research at the university, as well as my private R&D projects, is in the following fields:
- Natural user interface (NUI) devices like Microsoft Kinect (Azure Kinect, Kinect-v2, Kinect-v1), RealSense & Astra, as well as augmented reality (AR) devices like HoloLens 1 & 2, MagicLeap One and AR-capable mobile devices.
- Virtual and augmented reality (VR/AR) technologies, mainly powered by the Unity3D game engine. This includes immersive devices like Oculus Quest 1 & 2, as well as Rift S.
- Image analysis and classification algorithms in the areas of pose estimation and body tracking, face detection, emotion recognition, background segmentation, object detection and the likes.
- Regression and classification algorithms for user experience analysis, in means of machine learning (ML) algorithms for analysis of the health status of elderly people, results of medical treatments, and the likes.
- Democratization of the trade.
I know these areas are too many for a single person, but I’m a stubborn Capricorn and don’t give up easily.
- E-mail: rumen.filkov(at)gmail.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/roumenf
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rfilkov/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rfilkov/
- Please don’t contact me at the weekends (Friday to Sunday), or during the holidays. I also need some rest.
- The e-mail contact above is reserved mainly for the customers of my commercial Unity assets. The students and academic staff may use it too, to mainly to request free academic copies of the assets.
- The customers of my commercial Unity assets are eligible for up to 3 free e-mail support requests. Please mention your invoice number in the e-mail.
- If you need additional support (after the free support requests), please purchase additional support request here and mention the invoice number in the e-mail.
- The customers of my free Unity assets and the users of free academic and personal copes are not eligible for e-mail support. Please research and experiment a bit more by yourselves.