Hi, my name is Rumen Filkov, or just Rumen. I’m an engineer, MSc in computer science, stubborn entrepreneur and life-long learner. Currently I work as research assistant at the User Centered Technologies (UCT) research institute, part of Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences (FHV) in Austria, as well as on my own entrepreneurial R&D projects.
A big part of my research at the university, as well as major part of my own pet projects, is in the following fields:
- Natural user interface (NUI) devices like Kinect (Kinect-v1, Kinect-v2, Azure Kinect), RealSense & LeapMotion, as well as augmented reality (AR) devices like HoloLens 1 & 2, MagicLeap One and AR-capable mobile devices. Please mind, the MagicLeap platform is not so interesting to me at the moment.
- Virtual and augmented reality (VR/AR) technologies, mainly powered by the Unity3D game engine. This includes immersive devices like Oculus Quest & Rift S, Vive and Windows Mixed Reality headsets. Vive is not so interesting to me at the moment.
- Regression and classification algorithms for smart homes and patient experiences, in means of machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms and tools, mainly for analyzing the health status of elderly people, results of medical treatments, and the likes.
I know, I know… These areas of interest may seem too many, but I’m a stubborn Capricorn and don’t give up easily.
- E-mail: rumen.filkov(at)gmail.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/roumenf
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rfilkov/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rfilkov/
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/rfilkov
- Please don’t contact me during the weekends (Friday to Sunday), or during the holidays. Please also don’t bother contacting me, if you have rated my assets on Unity asset store with three stars or less.
- The e-mail contact above is reserved mainly for the customers of my commercial Unity assets, as well as for students and academic staff, to request free academic copies.
- The customers of my commercial Unity assets are eligible for one free e-mail support request. Please mention your invoice number in the e-mail.
- If you need additional support (after the 1st free support request), please purchase additional support request here and mention the invoice number in the e-mail.
- The customers of my free Unity assets and the users of free academic and personal copes are not eligible for free e-mail support. Please research a bit more.