Multi-AR Examples provides an easy way to deal with the specifics of several AR platforms, and separate the platform-specific details from the scene development. Currently the Multi-AR Examples-package supports AR-Kit on iOS, AR-Core on Android, as well as HoloLens & Windows Mixed Reality on UWP. Support for more AR platforms may be added later.
There are over ten demo-scenes in the package. The anchoring demos show how to anchor and control virtual objects in the AR scenes, collider demo – how to utilize the AR surface collisions, network demo – how to share world anchors in multi-user AR experiences, image-anchoring demo – how to utilize image anchors in the world, etc.
You can find short descriptions of all demo-scenes in the online documentation. The Multi-AR package works with all versions of Unity editor – Personal, Plus and Pro.
How to Run the Demo Scenes:
1. Download and import the Multi-AR Examples package into new Unity project.
2. Please don’t import any AR platform-specific packages.
3. Open a demo-scene from the MultiAR/DemoScenes-folder.
4. Build and run the scene on the target platform – iOS for AR-Kit, Android for AR-Core or UWP for HoloLens (Windows MR).
5. Look at the settings of the MultiARManager-component in the scene. Try to change some of them and then re-run the scene on the target AR platform, to see the effect.
The setup instructions for AR-Kit, AR-Core and HoloLens (Windows-MR) are in the ‘Readme-MultiAR-Examples.pdf’-file in the package.
* If you get compilation errors, make sure you use Unity v2018.0.2f2 or later.
* Make sure your device supports the respective AR-platform.
* Check, if you have followed all setup steps for the respective AR-platform.
* The official release of the Multi-AR package is available at Unity Asset Store.
What’s new in version 2.6.x:
1. Updated AR-Core interface to check for AR-Core availability, to prevent crashes on older devices.
2. Added MAR-Manager API to get the background camera texture (experimental).
3. Converted problematic AR-Kit image anchors in the image-anchor demo from PNG to JPG format.
4. Updated AR-Core interface to AR-Core 1.5.0.
5. Updated AR-Kit plugin to AR-Kit 2.0.
6. Upgraded project to Unity 2018.2.0.
7. (v2.6.1) Added two utility methods to MultiARManager, to get the nearest or currently visible image anchor only (thanks to joescott).
8. (v2.6.1) Added ‘Use point cloud data’-setting to MultiARManager, to indicate whether the point cloud estimation is needed by the user.
9. (v2.6.2) Updated AR-Core Unity plugin to v1.8.0.
10. (v2.6.2) Updated AR-Kit Unity plugin to v2019-04-07.
Videos worth more than 1000 words:
Here is a video, courtesy of Quanterall Ltd., utilizing the image-anchor demo for ordering a cup of coffee:
And here is a video, courtesy of Satwant Singh, created for the ‘Multi-AR Examples’ package: